The world bombards women with label after label, trying to define who they are and who they should strive to become. Whether it is “Superwoman,” “Sex Object” “Career-Focused,” “Commodity,” or “Slave,” the world got it wrong. Satan is using every lie in the book to distract and discourage women from God’s plan for them – True Womanhood.
As a whole, Christian women have been largely unaware of this fight for their womanhood. We have blindly followed the herd of society into complacency, compromise and ineffectiveness. As women of God, we should stand out in contrast to the culture, but instead we live trapped in one of Satan’s many definitions for womanhood that render us powerless and cause us to blend into the background.
God is calling us, as women who follow Christ, to surrender to God’s design for our womanhood…. True Womanhood.
A True Woman is certain in who God created her to be, fueled by the unhindered power of God, equipped with the tools of grace, wisdom and love, fighting a quiet counter-cultural revolution on behalf of her children and the world.
A True Woman transforms her home into a boot camp where women and children are trained and sent out to glorify the King of Kings. From her home, she welds the powerful weapons of compassion, kindness and service that draw lost souls to her Savior. She stands beside her husband, serving as primary support and champion as he battles against the world for their family. She is a leader, inspiring women to throw off Satan’s definition of womanhood and embrace true womanhood as designed by God.
True womanhood is not perfection, it is not superwoman-hood, nor is it boring or ugly.
True womanhood is authentic, purposeful, courageous, and powerful!
True womanhood does not fake it, for God is her strength. True womanhood is not satisfied with the average, but strives for an amazing life with Christ. True womanhood is not caught up in half-hearted religion, but devotes herself to a vibrant personal relationship with her Savior. True womanhood does not wander in the wilderness of personal satisfaction, but continually returns her focus to the needs of others. True womanhood inspires true manhood. True womanhood produces kingdom-focused, God-driven children (both spiritual and physical children). True womanhood chases a life so Christ-like that when others follow her example, it leads them to Christ. True womanhood seeks to honor God by living counter-cultural lives that reflect the beauty of Christ and His gospel to our world. True womanhood comes from nothing less than total surrender and complete obedience. True womanhood comes from a life of saying “yes, Lord.”
The True Womanhood movement is calling women to live out the Bible in their homes, churches and communities. This movement is raising up, as the Getty’s sang at the True Woman Conference, “An Army bold whose battle cry is “love,” reaching out to those in darkness.”
True Woman Manifesto:
We declare our desire and intent to be “true women” of God. We consecrate ourselves to fulfill His calling and purposes for our lives. By His grace and in humble dependence on His power, we will:
- Seek to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Gladly yield control of our lives to Christ as Lord—we will say “Yes, Lord” to the Word and the will of God.
- Be women of the Word, seeking to grow in our knowledge of Scripture and to live in accord with sound doctrine in every area of our lives.
- Nurture our fellowship and communion with God through prayer—in praise, thanksgiving, confession, intercession, and supplication.
- Embrace and express our unique design and calling as women with humility, gratitude, faith, and joy.
- Seek to glorify God by cultivating such virtues as purity, modesty, submission, meekness, and love.
- Show proper respect to both men and women, created in the image of God, esteeming others as better than ourselves, seeking to build them up, and putting off bitterness, anger, and evil speaking.
- Be faithfully engaged in our local church, submitting ourselves to our spiritual leaders, growing in the context of the community of faith, and using the gifts He has given us to serve others, to build up the Body of Christ, and to fulfill His redemptive purposes in the world.
- Seek to establish homes that manifest the love, grace, beauty, and order of God, that provide a climate conducive to nurturing life, and that extend Christian hospitality to those outside the walls of our homes.
- Honor the sacredness, purity, and permanence of the marriage covenant—whether ours or others’.
- Receive children as a blessing from the Lord, seeking to train them to love and follow Christ and to consecrate their lives for the sake of His gospel and Kingdom.
- Live out the mandate of Titus 2—as older women, modeling godliness and training younger women to be pleasing to God in every respect; as younger women, receiving instruction with meekness and humility and aspiring to become mature women of God who in turn will train the next generation.
- Seek opportunities to share the gospel of Christ with unbelievers.
- Reflect God’s heart for those who are poor, infirm, oppressed, widows, orphans, and prisoners, by reaching out to minister to their practical and spiritual needs in the name of Christ.
- Pray for a movement of revival and reformation among God’s people that will result in the advancement of the Kingdom and gospel of Christ among all nations.
“Who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14
NOW is the time.
Will you join the revolution?